- RSS Channel Showcase 5393354
- RSS Channel Showcase 9006886
- RSS Channel Showcase 6065311
- RSS Channel Showcase 4292873
Articles on this Page
- 01/21/15--16:37: _"Compiling Please W...
- 01/26/15--10:03: _Standalone Frame Rate.
- 02/08/15--20:31: _A thin line on the ...
- 02/11/15--19:24: _Placing Several But...
- 02/12/15--12:23: _How to Turn off LZM...
- 02/15/15--23:05: _AddListener to a To...
- 02/25/15--20:05: _Debugging inside we...
- 03/04/15--12:42: _WebGL build gets st...
- 05/18/15--21:08: _Dialog box position...
- 06/11/15--14:59: _Keyboard-controlled...
- 06/16/15--19:30: _iOS: anti-aliasing...
- 07/05/15--16:16: _Can't debug an iOS ...
- 08/04/15--12:00: _Animator Scripting ...
- 01/28/16--12:56: _Possible to delete ...
- 02/07/17--23:46: _Draw Calls Not Redu...
- 02/28/17--11:08: _Texture atlases and...
- 03/04/17--22:39: _Can't Set Particle ...
- 06/12/18--16:04: _Google app signing
- 01/21/15--16:37: "Compiling Please Wait" for over 10 seconds.
- 01/26/15--10:03: Standalone Frame Rate.
- 02/08/15--20:31: A thin line on the edge of a quad.
- 02/11/15--19:24: Placing Several Buttons Inside a Panel.
- 02/12/15--12:23: How to Turn off LZMA compression?
- 02/15/15--23:05: AddListener to a Toggle.
- 02/25/15--20:05: Debugging inside web player.
- 03/04/15--12:42: WebGL build gets stuck.
- 05/18/15--21:08: Dialog box positioning.
- 06/11/15--14:59: Keyboard-controlled dialog box.
- 06/16/15--19:30: iOS: anti-aliasing causes exc_bad_access exception.
- 07/05/15--16:16: Can't debug an iOS game.
- 08/04/15--12:00: Animator Scripting Tutorial.
- 01/28/16--12:56: Possible to delete unneeded presets from Game View?
- 02/07/17--23:46: Draw Calls Not Reduced After Adding Texture Atlas.
- 02/28/17--11:08: Texture atlases and materials don't mix?
- 03/04/17--22:39: Can't Set Particle System TextureSheetAnimationModule.
- 06/12/18--16:04: Google app signing
After changing even one line of C# code in MonoDevelop, it takes Unity about 10 seconds to recompile my project. I understand that this is probably normal because the project is pretty large at this point. So, my questions are:
1) Is it possible to find which files take most time to compile?
2) Is there a way to speed up the compilation process by making Unity compile only the files that change since the last compile or by any other methods short of buying a new computer?
When building a PC standalone, is there some place to specify target frame rate?
The reason why I'm asking this is because I noticed that while in the Editor, my game's FPS fluctuates between 90 and 130, but in the standalone it's almost exactly 60.
Hello. For a 2D game scrolling background, I use a quad with a texture. The texture image is exactly 2048x512. For some reason when the texture is applied to the quad, there is very thin line that I can't get rid off no matter what! Here are the relevant screenshots, but please feel free to request more details if necessary.
I'm trying to place several(3 to 5) buttons on a UI panel. They should be located equidistantly, as shown below. The layout should adjust automatically if a small number of buttons are added or deleted. Button width and height should not change.
I tried different variations of Layout Groups and Elements, but the best I came up is this:
What am I missing?
LZMA compression is great, but slows down development Web Player builds. Is it possible to temporarily turn it off?
Hello. I would like to attach a listener to checkbox:
void Start ()
GameObject cb1 = (GameObject)Instantiate(cbPrefab);
Toggle t = cb1.GetComponent
My game works fine inside the Editor, but not in Unity web player. The error messages that web player displays are not very helpful:
Is there a way to get more information about web player exceptions?
To try WebGL build on Unity 5, I created a simple project with a scene that only has a camera. The build doesn't go beyond `"convert and compile scripting files"`
Anybody else has this issue?
I would like a dialog box to:
- take up 30% of the game width
- be centered
- preserve its aspect ratio
Does anyone have an example of how this can be achieved with uGUI regardless of the game dimensions and aspect ratio around 16:9?
If a game is running on a desktop without a mouse, how can I select and press a button in a dialog box that has two or more buttons? Is there any sample code or an Asset Store plugin that would do that? Thank you.
Hello. I'm getting an exc_bad_access exception in iOS when anti-aliasing is turned on. The exception happens in UnityBlitToBackBuffer. Does anybody know how to fix that without turning anti-aliasing off?
Hello. I'm trying to debug a game in iOS. When I attempt to attach the MonoDevelop debugger, it shows "Could not connect to the debugger" message.
I use a develop build and the Profiler works fine. So it seems that the iPad communicates well with the desktop. So why the debugger won't connect?
I'm trying to follow this lesson, but I can't locate the assets used in it. Are they available anywhere?
Is it possible to delete unneeded presets from the Resolutions selector in the Game View?
I'm working on a simple mobile 2D game. Currently there are 20 draw calls. To minimize the draw calls number, I put all the graphics into a Texture Atlas using the Sprite Packer. I expected a reduction down to about 5 draw calls. Surprisingly, I'm **not seeing any decrease in the number of draw calls**.
I tried to replicate this scenario in a clean project and everything works as expected. So, this is probably not a Unity bug, but rather something in my original project that is preventing Unity from optimizing the number of draw calls.
Any suggestions how to fix that?
Is it possible to use an image from a texture atlas in a material? If not, why?
I would like to set Particle System TextureSheetAnimationModule.rowIndex. Here's the code based on Unity reference (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/ParticleSystem.TextureSheetAnimationModule-rowIndex.html):
ParticleSystem ps = particleEffect.GetComponent
Has anyone been able to update an existing app on Google Play after enrolling in Google app signing program? I have *private_key.pem* and *upload_cert.der* from Google, but how do I add them to a Unity keystore?
Please note that my question is not about Android app signing in general (that's very straightforward), but specifically about using the upload key (or certificate) received from Google.